Lithuania opens first ever vinyl pressing plant!
A brand new factory in the EU country Lithuania promises fresh capacity for the ongoing vinyl boom. Green Lakes Pressing was opened near the Baltic capital Vilnius at the beginning of May. Green Lakes promises the best quality at unbeatable prices, combined with fast logistics. Seven weeks from order to delivery are quite realistic, according to Antanas Kamenskas, CEO of Green Lakes Pressing.
«Our Deepgrooves pressing plant is situated in an old prison which looks like a castle with a huge square in front of us. We do have a very transparent place so people can always visit us and are welcome to see a part of the process» - Chris Roorda, CEO of Deepgrooves Vinyl Pressing Plant.
– Why Vinyl, Books and Magazines Will Never Go Away
– Streamed music and digital images have driven the comeback of vinyl and printed photos
– The Best Gear for Vinyl Lovers
– The most valuable vinyl records on the resale market, including a rare and 'evil' Prince album that sold for $27,500
– Step back in time: LPs to outstrip CDs for first time in 33 (and 1/3) years
– Record Store Day is now trying to popularize a niche vinyl format with new releases for the ‘RSD3 Mini Turntable’
– Making Vinyl conference moving from Detroit to Hollywood
– Return of vinyl: Missoula record stores see resurgence in sales
– Bluetooth turntable perfect for vinyl lovers and newcomers alikel
– Back in the groove: Why we're falling in love with vinyl all over again
Our mission on vinyl-pressing-plants.com is to make internet more honest.
We ask all newcomers to send us a photo of their pressing machine with a sign "For the bastards of vinyl-pressing-plants.com". So you could know is this record manufacturer a real pressing plant or only a reseller. We are very glad that mostly it's welcomed with humor!
(find images inside)
– Leeds firm experiencing 'vinyl boom' with 500% increase in sales over past two years
– A brief history of the turntable and vinyl records
– Record Store Day: How a vinyl record is cut at Abbey Road Studios
– This Vinyl-Inspired Watch Is the Perfect Everyday Timepiece for Music Fans
– Ottawa man donates his collection of 12,000 vinyl records to library
– A history of the strangest vinyl records ever made
– Vinyl makes more revenue for the British music industry than youtube
– Swedish artists fizzy tablets join vinyl renaissance
– Largest vinyl record sale in the U.S. happening in Austin again this May
– An Irishman’s Diary on smuggling vinyl
– Silent Meditation on vinyl
– What’s causing vinyl sales to keep going up…and up
– Record Radar is a new service that finds vinyl from your Spotify playlists
– Drop the needle, vinyl record pressing returns to Vancouver
– Historic CD and vinyl shop The Music inn celebrates its 100th anniversary
– Porsche Made Vinyl Records From the Tires of Le Mans-Winning 919 Hybrid, Because Why Not
«People often say that "vinyl is back", I always explain that it never went away. There was a brief period around 2007-2009 where it certainly seemed to have disappeared, but companies such as GZ Media, MPO and Music Industries continued on and helped the format to continue on. We ought to be very thankful to these people for not giving up!» - Rad Klemczak, CEO of WMFono.
How to open a vinyl pressing plant or a cutting service? What you should (or should not) do?
Here are the top 10 rules to becoming a successful record manufacturer.
We normally spend at work from 12 to 14 hours a day, families are used to that and sometimes they visit us in the factory, children play and help us.
In 13 years I can say that vinyl record customers are almost all crazy. The normal ones are really a small part.